Top Lawyers – What do others say?
Winners of the Criminal Law Firm of the Year in 2014- we are regularly ranked as a premier criminal defence firm, being nominated and winning numerous accolades and awards over the years.
According to the Recommended Law Firm Guide:-
His own peer firms have once again praised the firm’s commitment to justice. Aamer is a one man liberation army, renowned for his principled stance on matters of liberty and law, and for taking on the toughest of cases, often those of the highest profile. …. who has the ear and respect of Scotland’s most capable advocates. A peer solicitor said Anwar stood out for being “cutting edge” and for his stance on civil liberties…an “outstanding fearless lawyer, one of the highest profile lawyers in Scotland.
Lloyd’s TSB Jewel Award for Professional Excellence Award :-
recognition of his outstanding achievements and the huge impact his work has had UK wide.
Described by the Scotland on Sunday as
Taking on the big guns of the legal system in the best tradition of the feisty lawyer….a fighter for society’s underdogs.
The late author Iain Banks said in 2007 –
Aamer Anwar is a symbol of freedom. There is a need to speak out when the right to dissent and the right to speak the truths that need to be spoken are under threat. I’d urge anyone who believes in fairness and simple human decency to support him. The Scottish judicial system has enough to be ashamed of after the Lockerbie trial; let there be no more injustice in its name.
Professor of Law-D.Nicholson -University of Strathclyde said Aamer has:-
represented the best traditions of the legal profession fulfilling a solicitor’s duty not only to act as the guardian of liberties but also to seek improvements in the law and the legal system.
Associate Ryan Sloan
Law Awards of Scotland 2014 finalist – Up and Coming Lawyer of the Year.
Moazzam Begg- ex Guantanamo prisoner
In times of fear, hatred and violence it is often very difficult to find people with the courage and fortitude to fight for the rights of the demonised, down-trodden and marginalised….but Aamer Anwar, is one of those people, an avid defender of others rights…
Anwar was described by Liz Davies the Chair of the Haldane Society in England as
One of the best adverts for the legal profession with a career dedicated to defending the human rights of the unpopular.
Top Lawyers – Awards and Recognition
- Criminal Law Firm of the Year 2014
- Radio Awaz Community Justice Award
- Times Lawyer of the Week
- Finalist for Solicitor of the Year, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014
- Finalist for Criminal Law Firm of the Year, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Finalist for Criminal Lawyer of the year 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014
- Finalist for Global Law Firm of the Year 2014
- Recommended Law Firm 2010, 2011.
- As Top Lawyers we are regular panellists on the news and programmes such as Scotland 2015, Scotland Tonight, BBC News 24, Radio 5 Live, STV News as well as debating and writing on a wide range of issues but primarily criminal law and civil liberties.
- Twitter account @AamerAnwar has the greatest number of followers in comparison to any solicitor or firm in Scotland